New Paltz River Flooding Project
Questions We Can Answer
- Does your town periodically flood?
- What can be done to reduce flooding?
- Will property I want to buy near a creek flood?
- Have actions taken by your neighbor resulted in excessively wet property?
- What can I do to reduce property wetness?
- Will pumping the aquifer drain wetlands?
- Will wetlands be impacted by project development?
- Stream & River Characterization
- Watershed Delineation
- Flood Return Interval Analysis
- Floodplain Assessment
- Assessment of Flooding Cause
- Evaluation of Corrective Measures, Including Via Trenchless Technology
- Evaluation of Development Impacts on Wetlands
- Litigation Support
Example Work Project
HydroQuest conducted a major study to determine the primary causes of a Town.s river flooding that periodically results in million-dollar property damage, emergency evacuations, and loss of life. Development encroachment and substandard channel cross sections beneath bridges were determined to be a major cause of flooding. HydroQuest evaluated antiquated Army Corps project proposals that, if constructed, will result in loss of river quality, fishery quality, recreational opportunity, and property values. HydroQuest proposed a cost-effective, modern, trenchless technology means of reducing flood impacts designed to protect the existing resource.
Other Work Projects Include:
Flood Zone Analysis
Wetland Degradation from Pumping
Walkill River Profile
Man-Induced River Flooding
Flooding Risk & Family Safety